At Root Bissonnette Walker LLP, our foundation begins with our employees — because we know the success of our firm stems from the relationships within it.
We consider our employees family and foster a positive work culture, encouraging a healthy balance between work and life; building a career over having a job; continuing education and skill development; and being actively involved in the community where we live, work, and play.
Our employees are talented and knowledgeable people. Our commitment is for them to thrive — which in turn allows them to help our clients succeed. We’re proud of our employees and our culture.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|November 2018||Senior Accountant||Assurance||Partners, Senior Manager & Manager|
Candidate must have a basic understanding of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE), Canadian Audit Standards and Canadian income taxation. Candidate will be responsible for various duties which may include the completion of audit, review or compilation files and related tax preparation. In addition, candidate may be given in-house assignments such as accounting research projects or office related administration.
Knowledge of Caseware/Caseview is an asset as well as knowledge of CCH-Tax Prep programs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare financial statements and working papers for review engagements and lead smaller, audit engagements for non-profit organizations;
- Prepare financial statements and working papers for compilation engagements
- Prepare corporate, trust and personal tax returns
- Complete various tax slips and filings including T4’s and T5’s
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by the Firm commensurate to the candidate’s abilities
- Work closely with the Partners and Managers and be able to communicate with business owners and their staff, as well as employees of non-profit agencies in a productive and respectful manner to complete work as efficiently as possible for the clients;
- Produce a final product that is accurate, complete, neat and timely
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Knowledge of basic accounting and tax techniques and concepts
- Keep current on technical issues and attempt to apply them to client circumstances
- Use applications and research tools to find solutions to issues
- Thoroughly document work with clear explanations
- Consistently exhibit maturity and professionalism
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Solicit feedback from RBW team members
- Is self-starting, work with minimal direction and support
- Take personal responsibility to complete a task, project or assignment
- Take initiative to start and complete assignments
- Is responsive, open, and willing to assume additional responsibilities or tasks when required
- Establish effective working relationships within the team – ask questions when you need to and provide help to others when they require it
- Fulfill commitments to other team members
- Participate in Firm events or Firm projects
- Maintain accurate time records, including descriptions of work performed
- Organize and express ideas clearly
- Ask reasonable questions to clarify and ensure personal understanding and accuracy of information
- Actively listen to others to understand their needs and expectations
- Be comfortable using the telephone and making calls to Canada Revenue Agency on behalf of our clients to seek information needed for our files and tax preparation